This is for anyone, anywhere, looking to find, buy or sell better food.
We're mapping the food system from farm to fork to build a better, fairer food system.
So far, we've made 1334 connections between 1592 businesses, members of 124 organisations,
For smarter companies
- Find your perfect match Search and connect directly with people who sell what you seek, or want what you make
- Market intelligence & intelligent markets Publish your shopping lists (so the best comes to you), find collaborators to cut costs, and more.
- Feature your produce Add photos, description, seasonal availability, and ease FIC compliance
- Real-time trading Make and respond to offers directly from the smartphone-friendly app, or send a tweet.
- Map your food-web Showcase your suppliers, & stockists on your website, menus, apps..
- No transaction fees Because we want you to invest in better food, we work like a dating site to match-make members, not like a shop taking a cut.
- Find the best shops & restaurants The best produce from the companies who do the most for your community
- Trade garden or allotment surplusIt's as easy as sending a tweet
- Vouch for for great foodShow your support for your favourite producers to help them stand out
- Map your local food webFoodTrade is open to contributions: if you know who trades what with who, share it!
- 100% free for individuals
- Show your real impactMap your members, and where they trade
- Grow your group Our intelligent search tools can find who buys and sells any type of food, so you can cut to the chase and instantly find the right people for your group.
- Empower your membersWith instant local messaging, it's easier than ever to share resources, collaborate, and strengthen your community.
- We want to work with youCertifiers, community groups, networks, awards or public sector - whatever your sector or scale, we built these tools for you.
“This technology could change the way our food system operates”— HRH Prince Charles
Partners & Supporters
In the Press
“The sustainable alternative to the UK’s food network — Together [small companies] are able to enjoy the same advantages as big agri-business. ”